Italy Permit To Stay                                                                         Home





                                        Permit To Stay  (Permesso di Soggiorno/Carta di Soggiorno)
    A Permit to Stay is not a resident permit, which must be applied for after you have your Permit to Stay, if you wish to become a  resident. 

A Permit to Stay/Extended Stay Visa U.S. Diplomatic Mission may be obtained at the local Police Headquarters within eight days of your arrival, which is usually granted without much fuss. (Italian Law) Parlamento Italiano Portale Immigrazion.

Resident :        These are the Basic Visas (there are more) Check Consulate Websites.

U.S. Federal Benefits Unit (Social Security & Veterans Befits Information) Located in Italy

It can take up to 3 months to obtain a permit, and can only be issued for the purpose stated on the visa.

  • Extended Stay Visa (Permesso di Soggiorno)

  • Non-Employed Residents -Retirees (Permesso di Soggiorno per Dimora)

  • Student Visa (Permesso di soggiorno per studio)

  • Work Visa  (Permesso di soggiorno per lavoro)

Documents you will need to apply for a Visa.

    • Valid Passport

    • Medical insurance

    • Proof of Permanent  Residence in U.S.

    • Enough Money to support yourself unless applying for a work visa.

    • You are usually considered to have adequate income if it is  at least  equal to the basic Italian State

    • Pension of around є7,740 per year for each adult family member. This can be a regular income from

    • any source such a salary, pension, social security or funds in a bank account.

    • Financial Statements: original bank statements, investments, (current balances) Social Security, 

    • Possibly a police record: Certificate of good conduct by Police Department or FBI.

    • Possibly a housing contract : Rental agreement, title or deed to property.

    • Possibly a letter of intent

    • A letter of acceptance from a school if applying for a student visa

    • A number of documents from an employer if applying for a work visa

Gifts For Giving or Keeping

Music: Over The Rainbow by "The Ventures"


                         Copyright My Paesano All rights reserved.